Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Facts of Life

I'll start with the good news first. I just weighed in at 269.8 lbs. That's about 39 lbs lost, and less than 20 lbs to go before I reach my next goal. If I stay on track and keep working hard, I should be there in no time.

I didn't make it to the gym today because of my stupid cold, but Monday and Tuesday were pretty good. All the hot chicks seem to be taking the 8 a.m. class now which left me alone for the 9 a.m. on Monday. Chris really put me through the ringer. At one point I felt like I had to throw up. Luckily I was able to fight off that feeling, but that's a sign of a pretty intense workout. Tuesday was fun because I got to practice some kicks and do some mitt work with Amber. She's pretty short, so adjusting for the height difference was a bit of a workout on its own. (Not really, I just wanted to make fun of Amber for being short.) She's really good at it, and she helped me correct a couple of my combos. I would've liked to have worked on those some more today, but I felt like doo-doo when I woke up this morning.

I'm getting over a cold right now, and this cold has really slowed my training down. I've missed a few days at the gym so I can try and rest and get over it. I remember when I was younger, a cold would cycle through me in about 3 days. I've had this thing for almost 2 weeks now. Getting older sucks! I know a cold is far from the worst thing in the world. It just sucks to know what you're capable of doing when you're healthy, and you see how much that is impeded by something as simple as the common cold. It really puts into perspective what I'm trying to achieve with all my work at the gym. I didn't start working out so that I could fight; I started working out so I can get healthy. Fighting is just the cherry on top. The real goal here is to live a healthy lifestyle. I look at my family and I see the all the dangers of obesity: diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure...the list goes on and on. So while I sit here pissed off at the cold I have, I think how much worse things could be if I don't take care of myself. I can't control my age, but I can control my health. The Beatdownboys Training Center is the cornerstone for the healthy life that I'm trying to achieve, and I'm grateful for all their help.

2 comments:

  1. good for you big boy. congrats on the progress so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. It's really hard, but I've needed to do this for a long time.

    ReplyDelete