Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back from a short respite

I was scared to weigh myself after having been away for the last 5 days, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I weighed in at 273.2 lbs. That's just a gain of one pound since last week. I spent 5 days down in Texas to go to my friend's wedding and to visit family. As far as my diet and exercise went, I did better than I thought, but not as well as I'd hoped. It's really hard for me to say no to chorizo, steak, and tamales (not all together, but that does sound delicious). Overall I'm happy I made it back without completely derailing all my previous efforts.

Today was my first day back at the gym since I got back from Texas. I'm coming down with a cold so I considered staying home so that I could recover quicker, and to keep others from catching whatever I'm fighting now. I gave it a second thought because I knew that wouldn't go over to well with Chris. I forced myself out of bed, and trudged through the cold, harsh morning weather (I have a penchant for the dramatic). Chris had me keep my sweats on so I could try and sweat out my cold. I got to do some more sparring today, and that's always good for me. It's a good reminder of how much training I have ahead of me, it's a great workout, and it's fun. I don't know if I actually sweated out my cold, but I did feel better after class. Unfortunately now that I'm cooled off, I feel lousy again. In a few days I should be back to my healthy self. Until then I'll be sweating out my cold little by little at Beatdownboys Training Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment