Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Slowing down

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I was a trim 283.2 lbs. I'm still dropping, but I'm slowing down. I guess it's to be expected.

To help speed up the weight loss, I doubled up on class today at the gym. I was late again for the first class, but I made up for it in the second one. Yesterday and today were some of the most fun times I've had working out. Yesterday we got to trade punches, which was a lot of fun. Today I did the same thing in the second class. The guy I was training with today is a lot better than the ones I worked with yesterday. Obviously we weren't hitting full force, but the guy still has some good solid punches. My arm is pretty sore right now from blocking punches, and there's a pretty nasty bruise on my left arm right near my armpit. It's ugly, but I love it. I feel like I earned it. Nobody wants to get seriously injured doing this sport, but when I come home aching and sore, I feel like I'm accomplishing something. It's like having temporary battle scars. I've never had a real fight in my life. Tyler Durden said it best when he asked, "How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a fight?" Maybe he's not the best role model, but he asks a relevant question. Now I'm searching for the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment