Monday, October 11, 2010

Cutting short a long weekend

When I get a 3 day weekend at work, it doesn't really motivate me to go to the gym and workout. I gave that some thought over the weekend, and I decided it would be in my best interest to work out despite not having to be a slave to my normal Monday routine. I went to bed pretty early last night (before 11 p.m.), and I actually got the gym about 20 minutes early. I took advantage of that extra time (because of Chris' suggestion) by doing a few extra rounds of jump rope. It's a good warm-up, and with the chilly morning air, it's way better than going for a run.

As far as the workout is concerned, it's always tough. Chris corrected my form when I throw right crosses, and he's also trying to improve my speed. I know I'm still slow, but my speed is getting better. The big thing that I'm still having a problem with is dodging punches. Chris threw a few light ones at me. I dodged some, but if Chris had followed through with the others, I would've been laid out on the floor. I'm about 10 or 11 weeks into this training, and I'm still a long way from many of my goals. I'm not ready to give up; I keep thinking of the day I can walk down that aisle and step into the cage. Do I have what it takes to be a fighter? I think I do, but I don't just want to think it...I need to know it.

2 comments:

  1. I know any fight starts in the mind before it starts in any ring .. Just remember

    "Get up you son of a ***** cause Mickey loves ya"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, cuz. I need all the encouragement I can get.

    ReplyDelete