Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I got a good beatdown today

I've been in training at the Beatdownboys Training Center for a few weeks now, but today I learned why they call themselves Beatdownboys. If a trainer asks if you're done, the response is always "Yes!" Don't be like me and say, "Nah, what else you got for me?" I realize that sounds cocky, but believe me, I wasn't trying to be. Chris and Aaron gave me 2 more exercises that took everything out of me. The class was difficult enough, but I still had some energy leftover. I didn't want to lie and look like a pussy. That didn't matter because while I was struggling through the exercises, I still got called a pussy. Hahaha, just my luck. Today was rough, but I loved it. There was a point when I was breathing so hard that it started to sound guttural...almost like a growl. It sounded pretty intimidating, but I was struggling to breathe. Luckily I was able to catch my breath and keep going. When I was finally done with everything, I left a very nice pool of sweat on the mats. Blood, sweat, and tears - that's what they say it takes. I've bled (very little) and I've sweated (quite a lot); I guess the tears are next.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoy my suffering. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete