Thursday, August 19, 2010

The long and winding road

Not only is that a great Beatles song, it's also what I still have to travel. I'm down to 295.8 lbs. Still heavy, but that's about 12 lbs lighter than when I started a few weeks ago. I couldn't wait to share the news with Chris and Aaron, but I was late to class today. I still haven't adjusted for the longer distance, traffic, and traffic lights. I probably shouldn't snooze my alarm when it goes off.

I got to class, and waiting for me were my new Title gel MMA gloves. (Thank you for picking them up, Amber.) I couldn't wait to use them. They're much sturdier than the old Century gloves I was using. Well, I had to wait to use them because I still had to warm up and do some other exercises that Chris had me start with. After about 20 minutes, I finally got to try them out. It's going to take a little while to break them in, but I think they're going to work great for me. Class was really good today too. We did a lot of work on punches (I have a lot to work on there) and knees (I have a lot of work to do there too). I'm hoping that once I get my enormous gut down to a reasonable size, I'll be able to keep my balance better when I throw punches, knees, and kicks. Right now when that belly goes one way, the rest of my body feels inclined to follow it. I'll just have to be patient for now; it's a virtue I have to learn anyway. I may have to start practicing my Vipassana Meditation again...I probably never should've stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment