Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A new beginning

I know already that this isn't going to be easy. I mean nothing good in life ever is, right? Chris Haines is my fitness instructor, and he's an MMA fighter to boot. I've been working out with him for almost 3 years now, and he's seen my weight go up and down. He's been trying his best to help me keep it down, but my bad eating habits have been keeping the weight up. That's going to change real soon because Aaron, another fighter and trainer, has given me a meal plan to try out. I'm only on day 2 of that, but I can see that it will help if I can stick with it. This weekend is going to be a problem because I'm going to visit my brother in Dallas. Texas has such great tasting food, but it's very rarely good for you (let's face it, it's never good for you). That's a battle I probably won't win.

Here's the real reason for this blog. Chris had a fight a couple of months ago, and he won. It was a great fight, and I was really proud of him and all his efforts. I mentioned that I would like to try at least one fight. In my head I wouldn't mind trying it, but in the real world, there's a shitload of stuff that goes into it. Chris brought it up today, and he said, "Training begins today." Not just in the gym either. So class was really great today. I don't know how serious Chris is about training me to fight, but if he is, I'm going to give it my all (except maybe this weekend in Dallas). We practiced kicks, mounts, and of course punches today. I have a long road ahead of me, but at least this gives me an exciting goal to work towards. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but I'm way more excited about the prospect. At the very least, I can get into better shape and be healthier. That's all I really want. Everything else is just gravy -- a lowfat healthier alternative to gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment