Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Peaks and valleys

As good as I was feeling yesterday, today is almost a complete 180. My back was hurting when I woke up. My calves were sore. My right shoulder has been hurting since last night. Oh and let me break you off a piece of workout math too: sweaty shirt from first workout + jumping rope + jumping jacks = chafed nipples. (Note to self, bring an extra shirt just in case you want to workout twice.) I told myself that since I worked out twice yesterday, then I could stay in bed today. I mean, I worked out once for yesterday, and the extra one could count for today, right? Well, I remembered that I had to fight through that b.s. So I fought through the b.s. I was late to the gym today, but at least I made it. Chris and Aaron gave us a good workout, and I felt even worse after class. The aches and pains actually felt a little better, but I was tired. Still am. But I'm happy I made it to class, and I intend to fight through those lazy days in the future. I know there's a ton ahead of me, and I plan to fight through them all.

After I got home from the gym, my cousin hit me up for some weight loss advice; we're pretty much in the same boat. I passed on the wisdom that I've picked up from Chris and Aaron, and I'm hoping that it will help. It feels good to help someone else. I'm hoping we'll be able to motivate each other even though we'll have to do it from such a long distance. Good luck, cuz.

2 comments:

  1. 1) start taking Doan pills to help with the pain. no 'roids though.

    2) here's a marathon runner's tip about chafed nippes - put a bandaid over your nipples before working out. better yet, wear a dry fit shirt instead of a cotton shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips, Vinh. I used to wear the dry fit shirts and never had a problem. I guess it's time to go back to them. And I'm committed to doing this all natural, so definitely no 'roids for me.

    ReplyDelete